quarta-feira, 18 de julho de 2007

Mistery

Para quem não sabe,Hugh Laurie não é só o Dr. House, também participou no Blackadder com o Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) e é escritor e músico. No vídeo que hoje proponho vão poder ver (e ouvir) um original dele "Mystery" gravado no programa Inside the Actors Studio. Deixo também a letra porque acho que vale a pena.




Mystery
All my life has been a mystery
You and I were never ever meant to be
That's why I call my love for you a mystery

Different country
You and I have always lived in a different country
And I know that airline tickets don't grow on a tree
So what kept us apart is plain for me to see
That much at least is not really a mystery

Estuary
I live in a houseboat on an estuary
Which is handy for my work with the Tamesis Port Authority
But I know you would have found it insanitary
Insanitary

Taken a violent dislike to me
I'd be foolish to ignore the possibility
That if we'd ever actually met, you might have hated me
Still, that's not the only problem that I can see

Dead since 1973
You've been dead now . . . wait a minute, let me see...
Fifteen years come next January (JAN-uary)
As a human being you are history

So why do I still long for you?
Why is my love so strong for you?
Why did I write this song for you?
Well, I guess it's just the mystery

Mystery

1 comentário:

Pedro disse...

"If you look around in your group of friends and you can't see the jerk of the group, that means the jerk is you." - uma citação de Hugh Laurie, desse mesmo programa.